So I am doing Motivate me Mondays as part of a link up to a friend's blog. I figure I need all of the motivation I can get when it comes to working out and eating healthy, and I love reading other peoples tricks for dieting and workouts! So for starters......fitness has been my friend on and off through the years. I was always really active when I was younger because I was a dancer. I was on the drill team all through high school and we had practice 3 times a day which worked wonders for my body. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to, and while I was dancing all the time it was never a problem. Once I moved to college my freshman year and stopped dancing all the time, I gained the freshman 15. I have always been really self conscious of my weight and I have never been happy with my size. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but one day I finally came to the realization that if I wasn't happy with myself, then I needed to something about it. Nobody was going to do it for me. I had to be the one to make the decision to get off my butt and workout. Well the workout part is the easy part..........the healthy eating part is what I have always struggled with. Last October-December I gave up eating treats and I lost 15 pounds. (That just proves how big of a sweet tooth I really have! ha) I still want to lose a little more weight, but more than anything I want to trade my bad habits with good habits that will lead me to a healthy lifestyle full of fruits and veggies and being able to run a 1/2 marathon! haha
So........my new goals on my quest to get fit include:
1. Eating at least 2-3 vegetables every day.....sometimes I will go a full week without ever eating any vegetables! I really want to change this bad habit.
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
3. Run 3-4 times a week
4. Only eat treats on the weekend
This makes me laugh so hard because it fits me to a T! haha
hey girl! thanks for linkin up:) i know what you mean about the freshman 15...I was a dancer too and i honestly thought i could still eat whatever i wanted after high school and be fine..goes to show how hard we probably worked dancing:)anyway I love your goals. :) :) they will be some of the challenges in weeks to come so YAY!
ReplyDeletethanks again girl!
Kami, you're so great! I love your goals and your desire to be healthy. You do look great, so don't be too hard on yourself. We are our own worst critics! These photos are funny :)
ReplyDelete