Sunday, July 31, 2011

2 years!

2 years ago today, Steve proposed to me! It was one of the happiest days of my life:) He called me around like 2:00 PM that day and asked me if I wanted to drive up to Fishlake after he got off work. I wasn't sure why he just randomly wanted to go to Fishlake and even though he still to this day doesn't believe me, I kind of had a feeling he was going to propose that night. I didn't really want to go up to Fishlake because he said that all he wanted to do was drive around and look for deer and elk, but he finally convinced me to go by saying that we could eat dinner at Bowery Haven up there. I love Bowery Haven! So on the drive up, I started questioning him on when my ring would be done......we had gone ring shopping about 2 weeks prior to this......, but all he would tell me was that my ring was still being made and probably wouldn't be done for another week or 2. Up until this point I kind of thought he was going to propose, but of course once he told me that I got all disappointed. Once we got up to the lake, we drove around and looked at cabins for a bit until I started to say that I was hungry. Steve told me that he just wanted to go check out one place that he thought we could see some elk, and then we would head to Bowery Haven to have dinner. Once we got to this "spot", he got out of the suburban and pretended to look for elk through his binoculars. After about 5 minutes of this I told him I was really getting hungry and would really like to head over to Bowery Haven for dinner. He told me that he had packed us some dessert for later, but since I was so hungry we could just eat it now. So as I went to get the "dessert" out of the cooler in the back of the suburban, I found a dozen red roses instead! I then turned around to ask him what was going on and found him on one knee with the ring. He asked me to marry him and I automatically started jumping up and down and hugging him because I was so excited! haha! I didn't even say yes until a few minutes later when he stopped laughing at me and said, "So does that mean yes?" I don't think I have ever been that excited before in my life! Two years later and we are more in love now than we were when we got engaged. I never really understood how you could love someone more and more every day before we got married, but now I do. Marrying Steve was really the best decision I ever made and I am so happy that I get to spend the rest of eternity with the boy that I have had a crush on since I was a freshman in high school:) I love you babe!

Right after he popped the question:)

Waiting to eat dinner at Bowery Haven and still smiling from ear to ear! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment