Steve took his first part of boards (national exams for eye doctors) in March, so the months leading up to it were pretty boring. Steve studied constantly and Ellie and I did anything and everything to try and keep ourselves from going crazy and being cooped up in the house.
Steve randomly took this picture one night and we both looked at it and were like, "Wow, when did she get so grown up?!" I think Ellie has officially reached toddlerhood.
We did squeeze in a River Kings Hockey game one Saturday night when Steve decided he needed a little break from studying. I don't know why this was the first one we've ever been to. It was so much fun! Ellie loved dancing to all the music and Steve and I loved watching the players shove each other into the glass!
Winter was crazy this year! We had a few crazy ice storms, and even a couple of legit snow storms. Like snow that actually stuck to the ground. I learned that I hate snow storms even more here in MS than I do in Utah because the whole city shuts down when it snows. We wanted to get out of the house one day when it had snowed, and literally out of like 20 restaurants the only one open was Olive Garden. It's seriously a joke. People just don't know how to handle snow in the South.
Ellie started a new obsession with wearing our shoes. She pulls out at least one pair of either mine or Steve's shoes, every single day:)
We went to the boat show and dreamed of having a boat and going to Lake Powell!
Ellie built her first snowman. With Dad's help of course. I never thought this would happen while living in MS.
The result of having your hair in piggy tails all day long:)
Steve took us on a date downtown for some delicious pizza on Valentine's Day.
We found out baby #2 is a boy! And I just couldn't resist buying these adorable tiny shoes for the little man!
Enjoying a day at the zoo with friends. We seriously would not have made it through the terribly long, cold, winter months without our awesome friends. Ellie asks me every single day which friends we are going to see that day:) I think we're both going to have a really hard time saying goodbye to our friends when we move back to Utah in August.
No comments:
Post a Comment