Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Baby #2

Baby Blake #2 is coming at the end of July! We are really excited and also nervous to be adding to our family. We told our families when I was 12 weeks that we were having another baby. They were surprised and of course so excited for us. We found out at my 17 week appointment that we were having a boy, and Steve could not stop smiling! He is SO excited to get a little buddy that he can take hunting and golfing! Ellie seems to be really excited to be getting a baby brother too. She talks to my belly and calls it "Baby Brudder". She also claims that she has a baby in her belly too.

This pregnancy has been a lot different than my pregnancy with Ellie. I was nauseous all day every day for basically the whole month of December. But then once I hit 8 or 9 weeks, I've felt pretty good. I've been working out 5 times a week and I think that has helped a lot. I didn't work out at all other than going on walks with Ellie, and my back hurt basically my whole pregnancy. So I've been pretty determined to try and stay in shape this time and I think it has made the difference. I'm 31 weeks now and feeling pretty good. I have heartburn a lot, which I hate! And my sciatica is way worse this time than it was with Ellie, so my butt and hamstrings hurt all of the time, but for the most part I feel really good.
 We really are so excited to be having another baby. I'm nervous just because I don't know how any woman handles having more than one child. I feel like I have my hands full with just Ellie, and the thought of taking care of a newborn and a toddler seems impossible. But I know that this little guy is supposed to be coming to our family and we are all going to love him to pieces. Only 8 more weeks until we get to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment