Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Weekend

We went up to Salt Lake over the weekend for conference and Steve's mission reunion and it was such a good weekend:) We headed up on Friday afternoon and we did a session at the Salt Lake Temple. We have been wanting to do a session there for a long time and we finally got the chance. I couldn't believe how massive the Salt Lake Temple is and how beautiful it is!

After we got out of the temple, we went to Sandy to go to Steve's mission reunion. He had never been to one yet since he has been home so he really wanted to go. There were only like 4 or 5 other people there that he actually knew from his mission so that was kind of sad, but he loved seeing President and Sister Thurston:)

This was the group that came home in 2008. We felt REALLY old because there were guys there that had only been home from their missions for a few months! haha It's situations like these where you think, wow when did I get so old? After the reunion was over, we went to Steve and Em's house to stay the night and it was so good to see them. I love their girls so much and Addie even told me that my pink toenails were pretty:) haha It made my day!

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the afternoon session of conference with my parents and nieces. It was so awesome! I loved being able to actually be at conference and being able to be in the presence of the prophet:) There was such a special spirit in the conference center and I just love all of the apostles!

It was my dad's first time ever going to a session of conference:)


Me, Alli, Kaylee, and my mom



Enjoying the sunshine outside of the conference center:)

During the priesthood session, my mom and I went to Tai Pan for "Ladie's Night Out". Of course we didn't win any prizes during the drawings because I have the worst luck ever, but I did buy some cute stuff to make a spring wreath for my door!

When the priesthood session was over, Steve and I headed to Santaquin to stay with my brother Scott and his family. It was so good to see them because we hadn't seen them since January. We watched conference and hung out with them all day Sunday. We even colored some Easter eggs in between sessions of conference but sadly I didn't take any pictures. I can't believe how big their kids are getting, especially Brinley. She talked my ear off the whole time and I loved it:)
I can't wait to see everybody again when we go back up north for Havyn's blessing at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment