Steve came down to Cedar Thursday night (6/14) for the Utah Summer Games. We went to the opening ceremony that night and it was AWESOME! WAY better than last year's opening ceremony for sure! The acapella group Remix (they used to be called Vocal Point) was there and I was actually really excited to hear them sing. Steve and I watched them back in January on the show "The Sing Off", and one of the guys in the group is Steve's first mission president's, President Crockett, son! The teenagers sitting behind us were too cool for the BYU boy band, but I thought they were great. After they were done singing, the guys from Nitro Circus rode into the stadium and did some amazing stunts on their motorcycles, bmx bikes, and skateboards. It was way cool to see. Sadly we left before the firework show, because I had to get to bed for my big race the next morning!
We woke up bright and early on Friday morning so that I could run the 10k at 7 AM. Steve was planning on just running the last 2 miles of the race with me, but while I was getting ready he randomly decided to sign up and run the race too! Usually this would be no big deal because Steve is a WAY better runner than I am, but because he had surgery at the beginning of May, he hasn't ran more than 1.5 miles in the last 5 weeks. None the less, he ran the first 4 miles with me and only slowed down a little bit for the last couple of miles because his knee started to hurt. I was secretly happy about that because I finally beat him in a race! haha I finished the 6.2 miles in 55.42 and Steve finished in 56.19:)
Friday night we went out to 2000 flushes and had a bon fire with some friends. The guys built this gynormous fire out of pallets in the shape of a little house. haha it was pretty hilarious! We roasted smores, hot dogs, and starbursts and ate way too much. It was so much fun though. It made me wish all of our camping stuff wasn't packed up so that we could go camping.
Saturday morning we drove up to Richfield so that we could go to my friend Kayla's wedding reception. She looked SO gorgeous and I am so happy for her. Kellon (the guy she married) is such a nice guy and I am so excited for the both of them. I know he will take great care of her and that they will be so happy together:)
We of course had to get a roommate picture! I just love these girls SO MUCH:)
me, Sista, Kayla, and Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment