Even though it has only been 2 weeks since I blogged last, I feel like I haven't blogged in forever and we have a lot to catch up on! First off, I turned the big 24 last week! I know that I say this every year on my birthday, but I really can't believe I'm so old already. It's not like I feel any older, but having to tell people that I am 24 now, makes me feel super old for some reason! ha I had a wonderful birthday though and I seriously have the most amazing husband of all time. Steve surprised me with some new running clothes and an ipod+ thing to go in my shoes so that I can calculate my distance, pace, and calories burned while running. It was great and I was so excited. I'm always excited when I get new running accessories because it makes me actually want to go running! haha
We had a bunch of friends and family over that night for cake and ice cream and it was so much fun to hang out with everybody for a little while:)
Blowing out my candles
We went down to St. George last week on Thursday afternoon (5/24), and spent HOURS shopping for new running shoes! Who knew that picking a new pair of running shoes could be so frustrating?! We spent the night down there and stayed at the Clarion Suites and it was so fun, and the hotel was super nice! Our room even had a jetted tub! It was my dream come true. I have always wanted to stay in a hotel with a jetted tub. I know I'm like a little kid. It's sad, but true. I really do love staying in hotels for some reason. Maybe it is because of the gynormous comfy beds? Or maybe it is the fact that you just feel like you are on vacation, even if you are only 40 minutes from home? Either way, I just love staying in hotels:) Friday morning, we went to the temple and then did a little more shopping before we headed to Richfield for Memorial Day weekend.
On Saturday while we were in Richfield, I went to my old roommate Kayla's bridal shower. It was so much fun and it was SO GOOD to see my old roommates. I hadn't seen Kayla since Shanna's farewell last June, so it had almost been an entire year! It is so good to see Kayla so happy and I am so excited for her to get married.
Me with my old roommates Kayla and Taylor aka Sista. I love these girls so much:)
On Sunday evening we went to Monroe with my family to see my Grandma and Grandpa Jenson's grave. I have lots of family buried at the Monroe cemetery, so it was neat to see all of the graves and to have my parents explain to me how I am related to so many people that I had no idea were our relatives. Monday morning, we went to the Richfield cemetery with Steve's mom, dad, and Grandma Blake to see his Grandpa Blake's grave. Steve has tons of family buried at the cemetery in Richfield. I had no idea he was related to see many people in Richfield either. We are still keeping our fingers crossed that we don't end up being 4th cousins or something with me having so many relatives in Monroe and him having so many in Richfield! haha
Kirk and Kelli had their adorable baby girl early Monday morning, so after seeing all of the graves, we headed back to Cedar to meet sweet little Kaizley!
We are both so excited to have another new niece, and I have to admit that she is cute enough to even make us kind of baby hungry:)



No comments:
Post a Comment