There hasn't been too much going on this week and I feel like I haven't had anything to blog about. We are mostly just looking forward to Thanksgiving next week and having some time to spend with family:) We did run the Turkey Trot 5k yesterday morning down in St. George and that was fun. Why is it that when you run, you have days where you feel like you have never ran a block in your life sometimes? I kind of felt that way yesterday morning. For about the whole last mile of the race I felt like I was going to throw up! I didn't thank goodness, but I definitely didn't like running yesterday. Some days when I run I really do feel awesome and I love it! Other days, like yesterday, I just feel like I want to die the whole time and I really wonder the whole run why I make myself run? I guess the good days make up for the bad ones? They must, or I'm pretty sure I would have given up on running by now! Anyways, I finished the race in 30 minutes and 11 seconds. I was hoping to do it in under 30 minutes so I guess that means I need to push myself harder in the next few weeks so that I can do my next 5k in December in under 30 mins. Steve did great as usual. He finished the race in 24 minutes and 36 seconds. He said that he did have a bad running day too though. He said that he wanted to die for a little bit during the run too! I was surprised to hear this because running is usually so easy for Steve. haha I guess we both need to train a little harder the next couple of weeks!
We took our finish line pictures before the race and it is a good thing because I looked like I was going to die after the race was over! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment