Monday, August 15, 2016

Steve's Graduation!

The day that we have been waiting for, basically our entire marriage finally came!  Steve graduated from Optometry school on May 6th and it was such a wonderful day!  
I had some serious anxiety leading up to graduation because I was leaving my kids for 3 whole days.  I went back and forth for months about whether I should take Parker with me or not.  He is such a momma's boy and I honestly just couldn't imagine leaving him.  The only time Ellie has ever been away from Steve and I overnight was while I was in the hospital having Parker.  I knew she'd be fine though because she loves her cousins and she has just never been clingy in the least bit.  Parker on the other hand, I was just sick about leaving him.  But finally the week before we went, I just decided to leave both of them because I knew that there was no way I could survive flying with him.  He does not sit still.  Ellie was easy to fly with as a baby because she was content to just sit and play with toys.  Parker is SO curious and will not sit still for longer than 5 minutes.  He is constantly on the move!  Liz was amazing and kept both kids and they did awesome without me.  Parker even slept through the night all 3 nights that she had him!
Liz sent me this picture while we were in Memphis.  Parker was happy as can be to watch all the chaos of the kids around him.
 Ellie loved getting to play with Preslie for 3 days straight!
 Steve flew out to Memphis Tuesday morning, and then I came Thursday with Larry and Janae.  We ate at Corky's Thursday night and it was delicious!  I'm going to miss all of the BBQ food in the South.  I don't know when we'll be back to Memphis and that kind of makes me sad.
 Friday was graduation and Steve thought he look like a wizard in his cap and gown:)
 "I feel like I should be holding a wand and graduating from Hogwarts." haha

 Steve had the biggest smile on his face when they called his name and gave him his diploma.  I of course got emotional and started to cry.  It was such a cool moment.  I'm just so proud of him.  And seeing him walk across that stage and get his diploma made it all feel real.  He did it!  He worked his little hiney off these past 4 years and he is finally done with school forever!  Yay!!
 The LDS guys. Spencer McConkie, Joe Brewer, Steve, Kyle Stott, and Will Price.  These guys kept Steve sane while at school.
 And these girls are simply the best.  I never would have survived living across the country from family without these amazing friends.  Memphis will always hold a special place in my heart because of the amazing friends we made while living there.  I still can't believe our Optometry school adventure is over.
After graduation we went to dinner at the restaurant at the top of Bass Pro Shop.  The view was incredible.  We didn't ever ride the elevator up to the top while we were living there because it's $10 per person, but I'm so glad we did it this time because you seriously can't beat that view.
 Pictures don't do it justice.
 A few other pictures from the day.
 Steve and Sunnie.  She's the one in charge of the student ambassadors.
 This is outside the Cannon Center where Steve's graduation was held.
 We were so happy that Larry and Janae made the trip out to Memphis for graduation.  So fun to hang out with them for a few days.
Steve and Joe, the only people in their class who graduated from SUU.
A couple more pictures at the pyramid.  Turns out Larry is afraid of heights.  Who knew?!  haha We were all laughing at how much he didn't like going up so high in that glass elevator!  

No comments:

Post a Comment