Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summertime:)

Wow I haven't blogged in forever!  Good thing I suck at taking pictures so that I can just do a short recap and bring my blog up to date!;)  We have been having a pretty great summer so far, and sadly I feel like it is almost over.  Steve is now in his 3rd year of Optometry School and has been pretty busy all summer.  He gets to see patients in clinic now 3 days out of the week which means that he is only in class and labs the other 2 days, so he is doing a lot less studying and book work which is great, but his clinic days are LONG days.  He usually doesn't get home until after 6 on his clinic days, and he has even had a few days where he didn't come until 8!  So it makes for long days on all of us.  While he lives at the school, Ellie and I try to keep ourselves busy.
We visit the library a lot. 
We don't usually check out books because we are too busy playing with toys and climbing on chairs:)

We go for walks daily and feed the ducks.


Ellie LOVES the ducks, and she gets so excited when they come right up to the stroller and wait for us to throw them pieces of bread!
One time Dad even joined us at the library:)
A lady in our ward had tickets for the PGA tournament that comes to Memphis every year that she wasn't using so we got to go. We had a blast! Steve has turned me into a golf fan, and I really would love to go to more professional tournaments. Who knew that I would ever like golf?! haha


Phil Mickelson was there and we were kind of star struck watching him. I can only imagine what Steve would have been like if Tiger Woods would have been there!

These pictures are really crappy because you're not supposed to take pictures of the golfers, so Steve was trying to be very sneaky! haha
Ellie's first real piggy tails:)
More toys at the library.
We got rained on one morning during our walk at Latimer Park. Luckily, Ellie didn't mind the rain.

This crazy girl has an obsession with smashing her face against things lately, so I find her little hand and mouth prints on everything! So when we're not at the library or feeding the ducks, we are usually swimming at the pool and trying to keep cool.  It's just a good thing that we have a pool, or I'm pretty sure that we would have died of heat exhaustion by now!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment