Monday, September 26, 2011

Running?

So I have a love/hate relationship with running. I have never been a runner and pretty much for as long as I can remember, I have not just hated running, but I in fact LOATHE running! Well this past summer I decided that I really wanted to overcome my hatred for running. So I have been running on and off since May and I am proud to say that I don't hate running anymore! I just really dislike it now! haha no but seriously I know that running is really good for me and I love the way I feel when I am done running. It feels good to get off the couch and exercise and feel like I have accomplished something. After the Fishlake Relay, I really didn't want to run ever again, but now that I haven't ran in weeks I feel like I need a new running goal. My amazing sister in law Emily Albrecht (I have 2 sisters in law named Emily, hence the verification of the last name) ran a marathon 2 weekends ago and did awesome! There is NO WAY that I could ever run a marathon, but I do think a 1/2 marathon sounds pretty appealing. Emily is going to run a 1/2 marathon in January and she wants Steve and me to run it with her. I worry about training in the cold weather because my lungs hurt really bad whenever I have tried to run in the cold in the past, but I really want to do a 1/2 marathon......so I guess we are going to try it out! This will also help me get back on track with my diet so that I can hopefully lose 10 more pounds and finally reach my goal weight before the year is over. Isn't it sad that we make New Year's resolutions and then as the months go by we forget about them? Well one of my New Years resolutions was to lose 10 pounds and I still haven't done it! So I'm going to start training for the 1/2 marathon and hopefully all of this running will help me drop a few lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment