Easter weekend has been so much fun! We went shooting with our friends Dawn and Tyson Jolley on Friday afternoon and it was a blast. I didn't hit a single clay pigeon, so luckily Dawn brought her little 22 so that I could shoot that at random stuff and actually hit something! ha! Steve is convinced that he needs to get me a shotgun that is my own size and then I would be able to hit the clay pigeons, but I'm pretty sure that I just suck at shooting at moving targets! haha Either way it was a lot of fun:)

The boys posing with their guns
Dawn and I enjoying the sunshine:)


On Saturday Steve and I headed down to Zion and I loved it! It was my first time going to Zion can you believe that? I have lived in Cedar for almost 5 years now and I have never made the short trip to see the beautiful park before. It was awesome though! We just did a couple of the easy hikes to see the Weeping Rock and all of the Emerald Pools, but we plan on going back in a few weeks to do Angel's Landing. I just wasn't ready for it yesterday I don't think. I never really thought I had a fear of heights, but seeing pictures of Angel's Landing really freaked me out! So I am going to have to mentally prepare myself for that one I think!

This is Steve trying to be creative with the camera. He says, "Babe, stand right there with your mouth open and act like you are catching water in your mouth." haha

This is the waterfall at the Weeping Rock.

The whole park was gorgeous and these pictures just don't do it justice!

These 3 rocks are called the Court of the Patriarchs. It was so awesome! I really can't wait to go back and do more hiking and see more of the beautiful park!
We did color some Easter eggs today to celebrate the holiday, but they aren't anything special so I didn't feel the need to take pictures of them. ha! Mostly I am just feeling very blessed today as I think about Easter and about my Savior. I am grateful for the atonement and for the knowledge that Jesus Christ lives and that because of the atonement and resurrection, I know that we can all continue on after our life is finished here on this beautiful earth. The gospel is true everybody! I hope you all have had a wonderful Easter weekend too:)
Angel's Landing was SO scary!!! I'm glad I did it but it was like icy and it was SO high and steep! I am not afraid of heights either, but I like froze a couple times cuz it was so high! Coming down is a lot worse than going up, I would say do it once!! Ha ha, I don't know if I'll ever do it again! But, I'm glad i did it once! Let me know if you go and what you think!! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete