Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 2-Downtown Chattanooga

The second day of our trip we spent the day in downtown Chattanooga.  We started out at the aquarium and that place was huge! It basically took us all day to see everything.


The penguins were my favorite of course.
Loved this sea turtle too.
Ellie loved the aquarium. She was just happy to hang out in her stroller all day:)

The only shark cage I would ever get in!

Taking a pit stop to feed Ellie.
At lunch time we walked across the Tennessee river on this bridge that is supposed to be the longest pedestrian bridge in the country. I think it was a 1/2 mile long if I remember correctly.

Downtown Chattanooga is beautiful and is such a clean city. We all couldn't believe how clean and well kept the downtown area is after being in ghetto Memphis. haha

We enjoyed these tasty hot dogs from the famous Good Dog restaurant for lunch.
After lunch, we went back to the aquarium and went to a 3D imax movie about sharks. It was pretty awesome, and I think all of us "Shark Week" lovers enjoyed it.
Ellie was thrilled to learn about sharks. Although, none of us will probably ever swim in the ocean again.
Ginormous turtle shell!

Once we were done at the aquarium, we went to the Chattanooga Choo Choo.  This is an old train and train station that they have turned into a hotel.  It was fun to look around in the train cars.  We also ate dinner there in one of the restaurants which was inside of a train car.  Pretty awesome.  Now I really want to take a trip on a train!

1 comment: