We celebrated Independence Day in Richfield this week and it was a BLAST like always! There is seriously nothing better than the 4th of July celebration in Richfield! I look forward to it all year. We had a bbq at my brother Rob's house on Tuesday night before the 4th and it was delicious! Then we headed over to the Lion's Park to snap a few family pictures. My sister-in-law Emily Jenson took them and she did a great job.
This is the first time we have had a family picture that doesn't have somebody in a wedding dress since before Ruston left on his mission in 2005!
My sister Heidi, my mum, and me
My cute mum and dad
We currently can't find the charger for our camera because it is boxed up with all of our junk somewhere and our camera is dead. So I apologize for all of these crappy pictures, but we had to use Steve's ipod to take pictures on the 4th.
We got up bright and early the morning of the 4th to head over to the park to watch my nieces Kaylee and Alli run the kid's race. Kaylee ran the mile in 8 minutes 23 seconds and Alli did it in 10 minutes and 44 seconds. They both did awesome! Steve, me, Heidi, Emily Albrecht, Ruston, and Alesha all ran the 5K after the kid's race was over.
Steve, me, and my sister-in-law Emily Albrecht before we ran the 5K.
Steve was too speedy finishing the race so we didn't get a picture of him crossing the finish line. He told me the night before that he was going to run the race with me because his ankle kind of hurt, but of course as soon as the race started he got competitive and took off and I didn't see him again until I crossed the finish line! haha He did great though and finished with a time of 23:51. My goal was to run the race in under 28 minutes and I did it in 27:51 so I felt really good about it!
We headed home and got cleaned up and then went to the parade. After the parade we went to the park and visited with lots of old friends and practically sweated our brains out! haha But it was so much fun to see friends that we haven't seen since last 4th of July.
We spent time hanging out with both of our families after all of the festivities were over at the park. Steve relaxed and took a nap, and I played with all of the nieces and nephews. We played wiffle ball with my nieces and nephews that evening, and then enjoyed my dad's delicious dutch oven ribs and potatoes for dinner. We watched fireworks with both families after dinner and the firework show was great this year! It was seriously the best day ever and I'm sad that is is over. I loved seeing old friends, and I love love LOVED spending the entire day with family and playing with nieces and nephews:)




No comments:
Post a Comment