Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pinewood Derby and the Cinderella Pageant

We went to Richfield Friday night to spend a little quality time with the fams and we had a great time! Ruston and Alesha even showed up late Friday night and I was SO excited to see baby Havyn! I just can't get enough of that precious little baby:)

Saturday morning was the cub scouts pinewood derby and we got watch both our nephews Heston and Tyson race their cars. Heston's car even won first place! He was so excited about it and was so cute while he was telling us all about it over and over all day long. Tyson's car got 3rd place and he was pretty excited about that too. Steve loved watching the pinewood derby and kept saying that he wished he was in the cub scouts again so that he could race his own car! haha

Heston showing off his 1st place car:)

Then Saturday night, I went with my mom to watch my niece Gilly's Cinderella Pageant. Last year she was a runner-up in one of the categories and she was balling her eyes out after the winners were announced and it was so sad. I felt so bad that she was so upset that I started crying too. So this year I was nervous because I just wanted her to win so that she wouldn't be so sad and upset about the pageant. She sang for her talent and she was AWESOME!

Singing her song "Girl in 14G".....and guess what? She won the overall talent category! Which meant she got a crown and a sash and she was SO happy:)

She was smiling from ear to ear and I asked her if she was going to sleep with her crown on and she said, "Yeah probably." haha We were all so proud of her.

Me and Gilly

Gilly with her Grandmas. Julia's mom Carla on the left and my mom on the right.

Even though it was a quick trip, it was sure fun to be home this weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment