Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mom today! She has taught me everything I know and has truly made me the person that I am today. She is my best friend (other than Steve of course) and one day I hope I can be just like her. Some of the things I love about my mom are:

-Her beautiful singing voice:) My mom has hands down the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. One of my favorite memories from when I was little, is my mom singing to me when I was scared or upset about something.
- The kindness she shows everyone. Everywhere I go, when I meet people and tell them who my mom is, they always have something nice to say about her and always tell me what a nice lady she is:)
- Her testimony! I have never had to ask my mom what she believed because I could always tell how strong her testimony is by the way she lives her life and by the way she taught me to live mine. Whenever I call her for advice, she always asks me if I have prayed about the decision I am trying to make. She has always taught me to turn to the Lord first:)
-Her maternal instinct! My mom is the only person other than Steve that can read me like a book. On many different occasions, I have just walked in the door and my mom was waiting up for me because she just knew that I needed to talk about something. I am so grateful that she has always been so in tune with the spirit that she always known when her children needed something. When Steve and I started dating after his mission, I came home from hanging out with him for the first time and my mom told me that we were making her nervous because she already knew that we were going to get married! haha I am so happy to have a mom that just knows everything. Because mom's really do know best:)
-The love she shows her family. My mom is always doing everything she can for her family. She always puts her loved ones before herself. She really is one of the most selfless people I know.

I could go on and on about all of the things that I love about my mom, but then I would be here all night so I won't. I just want her to know how much I love and appreciate her. She has been the best example to me in my life and I only hope that one day I can be as wonderful of a person and a mother that she is! I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment