Wednesday, January 16, 2013

25 Weeks!

Well it happened.  I'm full on fat and prego these days.  25 weeks prego today to be exact!  So I thought I would write down a few things about pregnancy up to this point.  Most days I forget that I'm pregnant, but with this ever growing belly it's starting to get more and more real every day.  My favorite part by far of being pregnant is feeling the baby move.  Baby Girl moves around constantly in there and I love it.  It makes me smile every time she moves and I think, holy crap there really is a tiny little person in there!  Her movements have gotten big enough over the last couple of weeks that Steve can feel her too when he has his hand on my stomach:)  We both get so excited every time!  Up until about 1 week ago, the worst part of pregnancy was heart burn which I get all of the time!  But for about the past week or so, my back has started hurting really bad.  Luckily it doesn't bother me too much while I am moving around and busy at work, but I wake up on and off throughout the night and my back just aches.  Sadly I think it's only going to get worse as my belly gets bigger and bigger.
 I took these pictures last Wednesday after my 24 week Dr's appt.
I must admit that as it starts to sink in more that I am actually going to have a baby, the more I start to freak out.  Let's be honest, Steve and I actually don't know anything about taking care of a baby.  I mean sure we can read the Baby Whisperer and all, but what happens when the baby comes and we forget everything we learned from the books?  Don't get me wrong, we are both in love with this baby girl already and we are already spoiling her rotten, but I would be lying if I said that I wasn't really scared about having to actually raise a child.  I mean what if I turn out to be a terrible mother?  I guess that's where faith comes in.    I just have to keep praying every day and remember that God is watching over us, and that hopefully with His help, I will be able to handle this whole being a mom thing:)

2 comments:

  1. You dont look fat one bit Kami! And youre going to be an excellent mom and Steve is going to be a great dad! I know it because I could see it in your eyes when you would hold John. Don't worry about it too much, motherly instincts are real and you wont believe how much it helps!
    Im sorry about your back pain...its the worst part. But keep a heatpad near by and take lots of baths! Itll be over soon and you wont even remember it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will both be great parents!! cant wait to meet her !! you look adorable

    ReplyDelete